1. LESSON One (A true classic, if I do say so myself)
- What We Say: ‘It’s Fine‘
- What We Really Mean: It’s not fine o. Don’t let this my calm voice deceive you. We must have a long conversation about this matter. And don’t start asking me JAMB questions about what you did. You should already know.
2. LESSON 2
- What We Say: ‘I’m Not Hungry’
- What We Really Mean: I’m not hungry AT THE MOMENT, but I may be hungry later on, so I wouldn’t say no to your offer. However, I don’t want to seem like a pig, so I’ll hold myself.
3. LESSON 3
- What We Say: ‘I Don’t Care’
- What We Really Mean: I care. I really, really, really do care. It’s very significant & and I’ll be thinking about it throughout the day.
4. LESSON 4
- What We Say: ‘What? / Eh?’
- What We Really Mean: No, I heard you the first time, but talk am again if you get liver. I’m giving you a wonderful opportunity to retract your statement.
5. LESSON 5
- What We Say: ‘I Just Want A Guy With A Great Personality’
- What We Really Mean: I just want a nice looking, sweet, funny and financially stable guy who also happens to have a great personality.
6. LESSON 6
- What We Say: ‘I’m Almost Ready’
- What We Really Mean: Still in my PJs. Give me an hour to gather up any morale I possess to start getting ready. One must never rush perfection.
7. LESSON 7
- What We Say: ‘I Don’t Really Feel Like Going Out’
- What We Really Mean: If you think I’m leaving my warm bed, snacks and Netflix, after putting on my hair net, to go trapezing about on these streets, you must be seriously delusional.
8. LESSON 8
- What We Say: ‘I Like Him, But………’
- What We Really Mean: Nope, not into him. Don’t like him, might never like him, but let’s be polite about it.
9. LESSON 9
- What We Say: ‘He’s A Nice Guy’
- What We Really Mean: I don’t know how I feel about him yet, so I’m going to use the most neutral adjective possible to describe him for the mean time.
10. LESSON 10
- What We Say: ‘I Have Nothing To Wear’
- What We Really Mean: Nothing fits me or looks good on me/There’re so many choices that it’s overwhelming/ I have nothing new or interesting to wear.
11. LESSON 11
- What We Say: ‘Yes’
- What We Really Mean: Yes, but possibly No, but it could somehow turn into a Yes later on…….On second thought, No. Let’s go with No.
12. LESSON 12
- What We Say: ‘She’s alright, but…..’
- What We Really Mean: I dislike her immensely. Let me now list the reasons why.
13. LESSON 13
- What We Say: ‘Do Whatever You Want’
- What We Really Mean: You should know me better by now. But please, by all means, go ahead. Whatever you see, collect.
THANKS FOR READING!!
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to Like, Share or Comment!
Also, Follow this Blog OR Subscribe for Free to get notifications of new posts.
You can also Follow & Drop suggestions for me on Social Media: